Kiln Repair Service
I’m now offering a kiln repair service for most major brands of electric kilns in the Central Ohio region. This includes kiln repairs in Columbus and about an hour and a half out. Doesn’t it make sense to have your kiln maintained by someone who uses them in their own studio? After working in clay for 37 years I have the experience to not only help you with equipment but also any other technical issues that you may have regarding firing, clay bodies, and glazes.
- Reasonable rates- $60.00/ hour (billed per quarter hour after 1 hour minimum)
- $60.00 kiln inspection (up to 1 hour on site). You will be given a written recommendation and an estimate for parts and labor.
- I charge a $30.00 travel fee for jobs within 30 minutes of my studio in Westerville, Ohio. Time beyond that is billed at $15/quarter hour.
- Jobs beyond 50 minutes from Westerville, Ohio will be charged for return travel as well.
- I do carry business insurance.
- As a current client, I will be available to you via texting or email to help with questions during and outside of business hours. This means you will have someone to consult with when the unexpected happens! I don’t charge for this service.
- Parts are billed at manufacturers suggested retail price.
- I accept school POs, checks, credit cards, and cash.
- If you are a school or art center, I will need a Purchase Order # before I can begin work.
- If you are a private studio or business, payment is expected at the time of service.
- It doesn’t matter if you have a Skutt Kiln, L&L Kiln, Olympic, Vulcan, Evenheat or other brand, I can help.
- I do not work on Paragon or Aim kilns by choice.
The kiln in the header image is my test kiln which I call “Frankenkiln”. I built this kiln using an L&L touchpad, an Olympic control box, Vulcan soft brick and elements, a Skutt body band and lid prop, and a Paragon hinge.