Kiln Repair Service
I’m now offering a kiln repair service for most major brands of electric kilns in the Central Ohio region. This includes Columbus and about an hour to an hour and a half out. Doesn’t it make sense to have your kiln maintained by someone who uses them in their own studio? After working in clay for 34 years I have the experience to not only help you with equipment but also any other technical issues that you may have regarding firing, clay bodies, and glazes.
- Reasonable rates- $60.00/ hour (billed per quarter hour after 1 hour minimum)
- $60.00 kiln inspection (up to 1 hour on site). You will be given a written recommendation and an estimate for parts and labor.
- There is a $30.00/half hour travel fee added for jobs beyond 15 minutes of my studio in Westerville, Ohio.
- As a current client, I will be available to you via texting or calls to help with questions during and outside of business hours. This means you will have someone to consult with when the unexpected happens!
- Parts are billed at manufacturers suggested retail price.
- I accept school POs, checks, credit cards, and cash.
- If you are a school or art center, I will need a Purchase Order # before I can begin work.
- It doesn’t matter if you have a Skutt Kiln, L&L Kiln, Olympic, Vulcan, Evenheat or other major brand. I can help.
- I do not work on Paragon or Aim kilns
The kiln in the header image is my test kiln which I call “Frankenkiln”. I built this kiln using an L&L touchpad, an Olympic control box, Vulcan soft brick and elements, a Skutt body band and lid prop, and a Paragon hinge.